Monday, September 8, 2008

Micah's new religion and Mary's new rules

Last night Micah decided he wanted to look into Buddhism and asked if we could go meditate at a temple (Wat) next weekend. So I pulled out my "Buddhism Explained" book which seemed a bit complicated so I read him a few pages from Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. Then we lit some candles, burned some incense and meditated for a few minutes.

We needed something to hold the incense so I went into Mary's room and borrowed an empty soda can from her soda can collection which prompted a minor outburst and a posting of rules for conduct in her bedroom, which follows:

1. Do not touch soda can collection
2. Do not fart
3. Do not eat in room
4. LISTEN

5 comments:

Little Graces said...

I am so glad you are doing this! We miss you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Micah, Hows it going with the new religion? What do you think? You like it?

Anonymous said...

Mary-
Hows it going with the new rules? How do u like school? I miss you guys... Love you!

grandma nellie said...

unspoken rule leave myxxxx alone

sorry if i sent this twice

i understand how you feel mary

love grandma nellie

grandma nellie said...

well anyone knows mamma that
you do not bother a girls stuff
it is a rule that does not
have to be spoken duh

unspoken rule leave my xxxx alone
lol
grandma nellie