Monday, November 10, 2008

SURPRISE!

Yes, I did... I threw Mike a surprise party for winning the Thomas Morrison Information Management Award. The award is an annual Department of State award that recognizes outstanding and unique contributions in the information management field. There is a ceremonial presentation by Secretary Rice in DC on Tuesday.

I had a feeling he knew about it because he was messing with me all day on Friday. He got up late and threatened not to go into work. Then he made some comment about showing up at the door with his drawers down. Therefore, I had everyone hide in the back of the bedroom. I called Mike just before he got home and told him we had dinner reservations for 6:30 and that the kids went to see a movie. I had the whole apartment lit up with candles when he walked in the door. Later on, he said he was expecting a bunch of people to jump out when he walked in. Instead, I just gave him a hug and led him into the bedroom and SURPRISE! He was so shocked he did an immediate about face and walked right out the door.

We had about 50 guests and quite a few of them were Thai nationals that work for Mike in the telephone shop, the mailroom, the print shop and switchboard. They were great! They brought mangos and sticky rice, Mike’s favorite Thai dessert.

We did get a video but it somehow, mysteriously disappeared. Stefan is trying to recover it. There were a lot of pictures taken but not on my camera. I cannot believe I forgot to take pictures! There were many, many pictures taken by party guests so I hope to get my hands on those and post them later on in the week.

No comments: