Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ban Kruit

Mike and I had an abbreviated honeymoon in Ban Kruit this past weekend. We took a 5-hour train ride south and we were very surprised by what we found.

There is a small, private resort attached to a youth hostel. When I was first presented with this option, I told the travel agent that we simply could not honeymoon at a youth hostel. However, I reconsidered when the airports closed down for almost two weeks.

We purchased a package deal that included a bungalow on the beach, transportation, meals, a massage and some sightseeing. This trip cost a fraction of what we would have paid to go to Koh Samui and I am sure we would not have been as pleased! I think this place is the best-kept secret in Thailand. Actually, because it is on the hostel circuit, they see some big groups at times.

We spent a lot of time cruising the beach for shells. The water was nice… no jellyfish! In addition, for the sightseeing, we saw a coconut “farm” and the most beautiful temple I have seen so far in Thailand… The Thang Sai Wat. The King’s birthday was on the first day that we arrived and that night they had the Temple lit up like a Christmas tree! It was, by FAR, the most stunning thing I have seen in Thailand! We visited it the next day and took many pictures… see the slideshow to the left. Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera were dead and I did not get any pictures of it at night. Oh well, we’ll just have to make the trip next year :-)

1 comment:

Kimmylexy said...

Tina, It looks so pretty there. It looks as if you guys are taking full advantage of being in another country. This is so good for the kids. Please tell everyone hello and Merry Xmas! I always keep an eye on your blog! Congrats and I wish you and Mike the best! Luv, Kim