Monday, February 2, 2009

Dusit Zoo

Sunday we spent a few hours at the Dusit Zoo... What a FIND! This zoo was every bit as good as the National Zoo in Washington, DC. The minute we walked in there was a pen full of giraffes, zebras and ostriches.

Mary wanted to document her adventures so she put together a book and got right to work before we ever left the apartment. She started off pretty strong and then she passed the book to me and I kind of dropped the ball once we got out of the Nocturnal House. She was right on me though... we saw some goats and then moved on to the hippo pond. After that she said, "Now you need to write about the goats AND the hippos!" But, before she finished I was rushing off to see the bear cub standing on his hind legs. Micah was rushing me! He wanted me to get a good picture. Then Mary said, "Now we need to write about the goats, the hippos AND the bear!!" I said, "That's it - I'm giving you the book back and YOU can write about it." She was very persistent though and I think it put her in a bad mood.

Micah wanted to do three things at once (typical) so we caught a train that ran through the whole park in about 20 minutes but we didn't get a chance to really see anything that way. We were a little pressed for time but I think we'll try to get there a little earlier next time.

When we were ready to go we could NOT get a taxi to take us back to the BTS so we all crammed into a Tuk-Tuk which had no problem taking us to the sky train. I tried to get a picture of Mary eating this bag of dried seaweed. She loves that stuff! Anyway, here is a slideshow of our Sunday at the Zoo…

===I'm going to try to put together some food packages for you folks back home that will have some of the snacks that you would never find in the States, like dried seaweed. ===

2 comments:

Kalia said...

I love zoos! How fun! It seems like a nice one too. I like that I'm not alone in taking pictures of the animals. My dad once got on my case for wasting film on animals shots, saying they were just animals. But it's the zoo! They're exotic! And plus now we're not wasting film, but memory. Hehe :)

Tina Kuligowski said...

We were wondering about the Zoo in Ho Chi Minh City and I was taking all these picture and he said something about that... He said the rule was that someone had to be in the pictures with the animals. He's just so practical sometimes :-)