Thursday, June 19, 2014

Goodbye Mary Blueberry

We finally made it to China (where I hope to master speaking English with the perfect Chinese accent)  We're just getting comfortable, and now Mary is leaving me, next week, to live in the US with her grandparents, and work on HER dream of establishing a social network completely devoid of anyone speaking English as a second language.

We've had a good run, kid...

you've seen beautiful places...


 made new friends...

                    


and now you're going to break your momma's heart!  I’m kind of freaking out about that, and I suspect I’ll need to adjust my social calendar for all the time I’ll be spending in the corner of my bedroom, curled up in the fetal position, and crying like a baby.


I’m going to miss that little girl!  I’ll miss torturing her with embarrassment, the way that only a parent can… and I’ll miss the way we make each other laugh until we cry.  I won’t miss cleaning up after her, or the awful smell of her constant farting!  I’ll kind of miss the way she tortures the cat, though.  

No comments: