Saturday, February 21, 2015

Woman of Leisure

I was going to title it, “Queen of Leisure Sports”, but listening to audiobooks, and staring off into space don’t really qualify as sporty.

I’ve been laying off the boob tube lately, as part of some drunken New Year’s dedication to forming new habits (I don’t recall if I specified “better” habits? …or, just new ones).  So, as I’m staring off into space, wondering if the new season of Nurse Jackie has started yet, I grab my phone and ask Siri how she might be of service to my bored self.  Together, we decide that a game of gin rummy might be a good place to start.  She’s good, y’know… Siri, at gin rummy; really a tough one to read J  …now I am an online, gin rummy addict; thanks, Siri!


Audiobooks, on the other hand, seem like a much better alternative habit; I mean, it’s almost like reading a book, but someone else is reading to you!!  Oh, how I LOVE it when someone else reads to me… it IS a far superior form of entertainment than ol’ nurse Jackie.  


I just listened to a Michael Connelly book about this LAPD detective named Bosch, read by the SUPER Sexy Titus Welliver… and guess what?!  Titus Welliver is now the lead character in a new Amazon Original Series called Bosch… and I can’t watch it!!!  Oh, but you know that I will… I’m not going to completely let go of my old friend, the idiot box, not as long as Titus is alive.

No comments: